MS Information Architecture and Knowledge Management, Kent State University, 2017
BA Journalism, Loyola University Maryland, 1993
Senior UX Content Strategist for T. Rowe Price
May 2013 to Present | Baltimore, Maryland
Currently serving as a senior content strategist on the digital user experience team collaborating with user experience designers, developers, and other business partners to plan, design, and develop intuitive and delightful digital experiences. Responsible for gathering content requirements, developing a strategy based on the end user’s needs and business goals, and delivering content strategy deliverables throughout a digital project’s life cycle.
- Facilitated and/or lead team ideation sessions.
- Audited and analyzed existing content on T. Rowe Price and competitor platforms.
- Collaborated with project leads to analyze the content “ecosystem,” or internal and external factors that affect content, during the project discovery phase.
- Determined projects’ overall content requirements and potential content sources.
- Consulted with project leads and account management to ensure alignment with content objectives, assumptions, risks, and success factors.
- Developed content strategy plans based on business objectives and user needs.
- Contributed to journey mapping.
- Coordinated and collaborated with other team experts on matters related to IA, UX, SEO, social media, database management, metadata, and others assigned ownership of the digital initiative.
- Contributed to information architecture efforts by conducting card sort exercises and preparing sitemaps informed by content requirements.
- Drafted content guidelines and managed digital content style guide.
- Worked with copywriters to provide oversight in the development of all content to be included in the solution.
- Lead discussions and reviews of content strategy deliverables with business partners and stakeholders.
- Synthesized user feedback to make strategic content considerations
- Collaborated with project team and database administrators to make necessary changes and updates.
- Prepared and proposed plans for maintaining and governing content post-launch
Senior Writer for T. Rowe Price
August 2008 to April 2013 | Baltimore, Maryland
Served as a senior copywriter in the digital creative department supporting corporate promotional and educational digital initiatives geared toward retirement plan participants, individual investors, corporate investors, and financial consultants.
- Prepared content audits and delivered detailed content analysis.
- Developed content maintenance and governance plans.
- Worked closely with SEO resources; drafted optimized copy and metadata.
- Created and maintained site maps and process flows for digital projects.
- Drafted content matrix documents used by writers, designers and developers.
- Created web analytic reports and synthesized metric data.
- Collaborated with creative associates, project managers and developers.
- Created new copy for brochures, newsletters and advertisements.
- Wrote promotional copy for several corporate websites.
- Wrote UX copy for multiple user interfaces.
- Conducted interviews and wrote articles for industry publication.
- Worked directly with managers and consultants to establish project goals.
- Served as reviewer and editor for fellow writers.
September 2005 to July 2008| York, Pennsylvania
Served as a freelance writer for self-owned business working on wide variety of creative assignments and projects as well as reporting for local newspapers.
- Covered school district and municipal meetings.
- Wrote feature stories and special project copy.
- Edited in-depth financial and project reports for large aggregate company.
- Wrote copy for library event manual and library volunteer instruction sheets.
- Edited rate sheets and composed copy for corporate sales manuals.
- Generated copy for corporate annual reports and edited contract copy.
- Developed content for, and edited, the web site of a library system.
- Crafted various requests for proposals.
- Reviewed, edited and provided new copy for small business Web site.
Copywriter/Staff Writer for Patuxent Publishing Company
September 2002 to September 2005 | Columbia, Maryland
Served as the copywriter in the marketing department and as a staff writer in the editorial department supporting the company’s several weekly newspapers and monthly magazines.
- Composed several feature articles and short pieces.
- Wrote copy for advertisements and advertorials.
- Crafted copy and content used for radio and television commercials..
- Supervised photo and video shoots.
- Served as project manager for internal and external editorial projects.
- Worked directly with external clients to ensure needs were met.
- Wrote and edited rate sheets and pricing guides.
- Prepared talking points and interview discussion questions.
Marketing Coordinator for Genealogical Publishing Company
August 2001 to September 2002 | Baltimore, Maryland
Served as the marketing coordinator supporting the promotional efforts of a niche publisher.
- Coordinated the updating of retail web site.
- Performed daily content changes on retail web site.
- Wrote and distributed customer newsletter.
- Worked with outside vendors and authors.
- Managed publication catalog database.
Writer/Editor for LifeBridge Health
February 1999 to August 2001 | Baltimore, Maryland
Served as the writer and editor for the organization’s marketing department supporting four health care facilities.
- Wrote and edited the employee newsletter.
- Wrote the community newsletter.
- Crafted speeches delivered by the organization’s President.
- Drafted copy for promotional brochures and direct mail pieces.
- Composed media releases and advisories.
- Pitched stories to various media outlets, both print and video.
- Served as media spokesperson on behalf of organization’s facilities.
- Supervised photo and video shoots.
- Edited complex medical and hospital admissions documents for broad comprehension.
Assistant Marketing Manager
Estimation, Inc. • June 1998 to Feb 1999
Public Relations Associate
Tissue Banks International • April 1997 to June 1998
BSA Advertising and Bernard Hodes Advertising • May 1995 to April 1997
Editorial Assistant and Classified Account Representative
Patuxent Publishing Company • September 1993 to May 1995
Content Management Systems
Adobe Experience Manager
Copywriting and Presentations
Wireframes and Prototypes
Site Maps and Process Flows
Web Analytics and Metrics
Adobe Reports and Analytics